1. Two nights a week no TV Didn’t achieve
2. Be more creative, knit, sew, felt, paint Achieved
3. Complete one project a month Achieved
4. Once a month go to a new destination to take photos Achieved
5. Spend a weekend on Rangitoto Didn’t achieve
6. Blog at least weekly Achieved
7. Start Girls Club Achieved
8. Write letters Didn’t achieve
9. Finish my children’s book Still completing
10. Move Treehut to its own location Achieved
11. Do more studio work Achieved
12. Have 2 exhibitions Achieved
13. Complete a small triathlon Didn’t achieve
14. Creative workshops Achieved
15. Have a holiday every 3 months Didn’t achieve
16. Complete my photography book Didn’t achieve
17. Be a great friend I was a good friend
18. Be more generous Achieved
19. Go to a night class Didn’t achieve
20. Be Happy Achieved
13 out of 20 isn't too bad
This year i have struggled with what i have wanted to achieve within my personal life. I still feel at a loss of what should be my goals. I have written things down and this week i have thrown the list away.
I had Stuart Fleming stay with me the other night. He is on a personal journey to walk the whole of New Zealand. He quit his job and took up the challenge. I picked him up as he headed in to Orewa and he looked thin (having lost 7 kilos) but he has this glow of accomplishment. He looked Free.
It amazed me that he had just walked from Warkworth and did it in one day. It seems like such a long way. Imagine walking from Cape Reinga to Auckland. It seems so far fetched.
It hasn't been all smooth sailing for Stuart but what is amazing is he has met those challenges face on and continued.
So with seeing Stuart and having these goals floating in my mind i have decided to Stop and just have ONE personal goal.
The one goal that i want more than anything : To be Healthier and Fitter, in other words THINNER!
I have struggled with my weight for years and i guess a lot of it has to do with i haven't been 100 per cent committed because i run a business, i volunteer in the community and i do a lot outside activities.
You usually find me helping everyone else but me. Lets not forget the goals i set myself, which all takes time.
So this year i am going to be selfish for a year.
My best friend will be the word NO, i will not be doing any volunteer work this year. I will only be concentrating on my family, my business and my GOAL.
So this years challenge is to lose weight.